Thursday, May 8, 2014

Transparency and Accountability

This is a discouraging week.  I weighed in yesterday up another 2.4 pounds.  I've gained 5 pounds since Spring Break.  I'll be completely honest and tell you, its because I'm completely off track with my eating.  Over Spring Break, I ate at old favorites in my hometown which were not the healthiest.  I grazed when the kids snacked.  Coming back, I fell prey to Easter candy, then we had my son's birthday last week.  I've given in to more temptation in the past few weeks than in the past year. Even though, I know all the little things add up, I've allowed myself to nibble while cooking and munch on whatever the kids are snacking on.  No more!  I know deep down, its not worth it, and I'm getting back on track starting today.  No more beating myself up for the bad choices. Its time just to pick up and start making good ones again.  No one ever said this journey would be without bumps in the road, but I'm not giving in, and if you're struggling don't you dare give in either!  You aren't alone.  Every day is a new beginning.  Make today count!

No comments:

Post a Comment