Thursday, February 27, 2014

Introduction

Welcome!  I've thought for a while about starting a blog.  I guess, since I'm more than 1 year and 1/2 into my journey, I'm a little late.  Life, though, is a never ending journey, so you're just joining a program already in progress.  In June of 2012, I weighed in at 243 lbs, and was either going to have to buy some bigger clothes or get some weight off.  I opted for the latter.  This wasn't the first time, I'd made an attempt a losing weight, and I had some success before but never lasting.  What made this time different?  I honestly think that Lose It!  has made all the difference for me. What is lose it?  Its a free app that sets a calorie budget and helps you log everything you eat and all of your activity.  I'm a bit type A anyway, so I'm good with all of the pre-planning, weighing, measuring, etc.  Not, that Lose It! requires all of that.  Its just what works for me.  In the beginning, my main goal was just to stick to that budget and exercise (lightly) 3 times a week.  I've made other changes as I've progressed.  I currently run 3 days a week, and do some other kind of work out 3 days with 1 day of rest.  I don't belong to a gym, and you should know that I work for a custom cake designer.  Truly, if I can do this, anyone can.  I look forward to sharing more with you as I continue my journey. If you have any questions, or would like to see a post on something specific, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment